About the Role
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing and inspiring the engineering team to achieve their performance metrics. Your role will involve staff management, project management, implementation of processes, delivery of quality software, and the planning and executing of software development projects.
The role demands strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead and grow a group of professional software developers. You must be passionate about working with people and driving the team to success.
We want to hear from you even if you don’t exactly match the list below.
- Lead, manage, coach, and support the engineering team
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure project timelines and budgets are met
- Implement and monitor technical strategy performance metrics
- Lead the product development from planning to production
- Establish and supervise project management methodologies and best practices
- Establish and oversee code quality, maintainability, and scalability best practices
- Plan future work-specifications according to the company roadmap
- Supervise architecture design, adherence to product specifications, and time deadlines
- Identify the development team's needs and work to resolve them
- Write code and review code
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in managing teams of developers
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Track record of delivering software solutions
- Extensive architecture and code design knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of the major cloud services technologies
- Experience with DevOps practices, tools, and terminologies
- Experience optimizing systems for performance and scale
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, data modeling, and performance
- Experience designing APIs
- Knowledge of distributed and microservices architectures
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Strong security awareness
- Experience with Node.js and TypeScript
- Experience in designing and developing distributed systems, SOA, and microservices
If you’re interested, or you know someone who might be, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Altostra is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.